Preakness Stakes is an American flat horse race (on dirt) and one of three runs part of Triple Crown USA. It's in the middle between the most exciting Kentucky Derby and before the Belmont Stakes.
This year, we have the 144th edition of this amazing race.
TVG vs TwinSpires
|TwinSpires Review||TVG Review|
|Welcome Offer||$100 Sign up Bonus||$20 Free Bet + $100 Bonus|
|Registration||open account||open account|
Preakness Stakes Horse Racing
It's a 3-year old thoroughbred on a track with a distance of 9.5 furlongs 1 3⁄16 miles (1.91 km). The purse is $1,500,000.
2019 Race Schedule
- Black-Eyed Susan Day - Friday, May 17
- Preakness Stakes Day - Saturday, May 18
Favorites: Country House (the KyDerby 2019 Winner), Improbable, War of Will, Warrior's Change, Alwaysmining.
Preakness Stakes Odds: Props (only interesting):
- Improbable - Top 3 (1/3)
- Improbable - To Win (3/2)
- Alwaysmining - Top 3 (3/2)
- Warrior`s Charge - Top 3 (31/10)
Preakness Stakes Facts
- The date this year: May 18, 2019. 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Location: Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, Maryland.
- First run in 1873
- Triple Crown winners: 14
- Speed Record: 1:53 - Secretariat (1973)
It's also known as "The Second Jewel of the Triple Crown" (also known as "The Run for the Black-Eyed Susans").
It's interesting to know that Preakness Stakes is dated 2 years before the Kentucky Derby, back on May 23, 1873.