How phone betting works
You need to have a phone to call the racebook. Then you'll speak with a live operator who will help you to place your bets on tracks and odds by your choice. Usually, all operators work seven days a week with some business hours like 9:00 - 12:00 h, before the races are started. Keep in mind to place the bets earlier to avoid busy lines. For some players, that's the best possible way to bet, especially when you're on the venue or watch the race on TV.
Another good moment to use this way is when you don't have any time to use the alternative methods (online, mobile, touch-tone). What you need to have for phone call betting
- Phone number (toll-free) of your bookie.
- A program with all upcoming tracks (to choose odds and bets).
- Registered account with your account number.
- Know the security verification (it can be a password, secret question, PIN, etc.).
- Money to make the wager (credit card or another deposit method).
Keep in mind that we're not talking about the 'old' method for betting of street bookies. Legal racebooks use this method in the USA, and it requires an account (it's a little bit different with the old-fashion betting method if you have some experienced with it). Once you're on the hotline:
- Verify your that it's you.
- Choose the odds you which to bet on.
- Say what amount of money you wish to wager.
- Check the results and your winnings (if you win).
Quite simple? Yep, that's right.
Add new comment